1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

crazy weather

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mole, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mole

mole LawnSite Member

Im doing leaf clean ups, and 20 min away there getting pounded with lake effect snow. some people have over a 1ft of snow and it's still comming down. It's sunny where I was, but you could see the line of clouds in the sky. If the wind changed direction I would have been plowing.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, I know what you mean. The snow that we received last night has actually stuck to the ground. So much for the clean ups
  3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Just south of oswego I have a fealing same story will happen to us tongiht and tommorow. I heard the thruway was shutdown south of buffalo. I guess the seasons about to come to an end.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday here at 2 in the afternoon we hit a record high of 73 degrees. Cold front came through around 4 or so with rain like you can't believe. It was 26 this morning when I left and now they say about 22 tomorrow morning as well.

Now that is what November is supposed to be like in these parts...
  5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'm sure you'll agree Rod it would not be so bad if it were not for the d@mn wind. I can deal with cold weather it's the wind I hate.

If it's not the rain when you don't need it it's the wind when you don't need it. Either way you have to try your best to get done.