1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Crazy Weather

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pro-Lawn, Mar 22, 2002.

  1. Pro-Lawn

    Pro-Lawn LawnSite Member
    Posts: 74

    Here in Mid Missouri the temperatures have been from 70 to 5 degrees, snow one day , rain the next. Do i just wait out until the temperatures stay up in range to apply my Pre-Emerge ? Any words of wizdom will be greatly appreciated.

    Eric Goodwin
  2. Nebraska

    Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 525

    It's like the winter that never began....now it's the winter that will not go away here in Eastern Nebraska. We were planning on starting with the pre-emergence applications next week but will put it off another week. Check the soil temp. Our soil temps are still under 40 degrees. A lot will depend upon how many applications you have to do and the time frame you can do them in.
  3. jrblawncare

    jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 445

    Eric , I know how you feel.....warm.....4 + inches of rain.....This morning we have a low of 18....Had to put a heater on the spray rig in the shop last night so things would not freeze up .
  4. Harvestman

    Harvestman LawnSite Member
    Posts: 233

    You want to have the pre-m down before the soil temp get to 50 -55 degrees. This year good luck.
  5. Randy Robinson

    Randy Robinson LawnSite Member
    from Arizona
    Posts: 3

    Go ahead and get the preemergent down as soon as you can. It doesn't really start to break down until soil temps warm up so you won't lose any effectiveness by putting it down early. You know what kind of problems you can have by getting it down late. It could make for a very busy summer putting out crabgrass fires.
  6. Nebraska

    Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 525

    7 Inches of Wet Heavy Snow Sunday Night! Needless to say 1st application and aeration is yet postponed again....

Share This Page