Crazy weather

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Feb 2, 2011.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Nice winter weather for me is when the temperatures drop in the the 60s or 70 at night. That is how it is right now. I start the day at 70. Bad is when it is 80 and 80% RH and it is only 7 in the morning.

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

we get that in the summer, it's brutal!

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, I dread walking out of the house in that type of weather. The type were you are already sweating from just hitching up the trailer in the morning. 9 quarts of gatoraid later your day is almost done:cry: It is coming very soon I tell you.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I am not a fan of 99% Humidity Etc but I made a decision to move back to South Florida many years ago because I don't like cold weather. You can't have it both ways. Way back when I started and was working longer hours. I would split my day and lay out during the heat of the day. My customer saw me in the early morning then in the late after early evening as they took walks. Of course never knowing I went swimming in the middle of day to refresh. I pick up some good customer that way.

5. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i am sure we will get another cold spell if not it wont hurt my feelings. i like the yard to be nice and green and dont mind working out in it. its real hard to beat the winters down here. thats when i get most of my projects done.

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Maybe I'm a little crazy but I love the heat, I always say I'd rather be sweating. I absolutely hate the cold, don't like jackets much or bundling up. When its 40 out and that wind hits you and just goes right through your carhart, not my cup of tea. Its all kinda funny because I was born in Ohio and lived in the Midwest for half my life. I'll take sun over snow!

7. Landscape Poet

I am with you but from a profitability standpoint, I enjoy the cold. As far as perfect climate to live I am thinking Orange County CA not Orange County FL.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

So who are the 56% that think it ain't spring yet?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Landscape Poet

Not sure because I did not make the results of the poll public, but I am guessing it might be our North Florida lawnsite members. I am sure some of them are a couple of weeks behind us in central similar to us being behind the boys in the south.

10. Landscape Poet

Speaking of which, do you guys up in northern Florida have a harder time selling yearly maint?