1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

CRAZZZZZZYYY idea I just had!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jun 6, 2006.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I use elvex relax headset when I mow so I started thinking (hmmmmmm I love my satelite radio in my cars hmmmmmmmmm). Well I was thinking about getting a cheap sirius receiver that has the built in FM transmitter and mounting it and the antenna on our Cub Tank. Then I could tune my headphones to that channel and listen to commercial free satellite radio all day!!!! Does this sound crazy or is it a good idea? :headphones:
  2. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

Well I would prefer XM rather than Sirius... But yeah I have thought about mounting my XM MyFi on my Snapper. Get XM, Sirius doesn't have any good portable receivers. I got the XM MyFi which has a built in FM Transmitter and was only like $150.00. I got the 2 or 3 Year Protection Plan from Circuit City it covers everything if the antenna breaks or you mow over it, I seriously asked the guy that he said it's covered.
  3. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

I think I heard something about Siruis coming out with a "walkman" type unit. That would be cool, keep it right in your pocket.

The FM modulator isn't all is cracked up to be. I've listened through non-hardwired set ups, they can get fuzzy and fade just like regular old FM.
  4. ProStreetCamaro

I like sirius better than XM. Sirius uses a better codec with higher quality compression than XM does. My gf has XM in her car and I have sirius in mine. Its just personal preference really.

I just placed the order for this sirius receiver and got the 2 year service plan for it for a grand tottal of........................................... $42 http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/DEI-...47186/catOid/-14641/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

It also has a built in FM transmitter. Thats one hell of a deal. I gotta get a shower now and go pick it up. :headphones:
  5. Bulldog26

Bulldog26 LawnSite Member

What is the monthly cost for survice? Sorry, I know nothing about these systems.
    So you could mount that unit to the mower and plug in headphones?
  6. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

I looked to see what kind of vehicles it fits and didn't see a Cub Cadet Tank.... O well have fun I guess it just is a personal preference on what service you prefer:headphones:. XM costs $12.95 a month but I got some kind of deal and it went down to $8 or $9 a month.
  7. ProStreetCamaro

$12.95 a month for the first unit then $7 a month for every extra receiver you hook up on your account. The receiver has a built in FM transmitter so all you have to do is tune your headphones to that station and BAM you have satellite radio while you work.
  8. Charles Odell

Charles Odell LawnSite Member

I already have XM on my deere I have My-Fi and I use the car cradle
    mounted on side console , that way I can use the automotive
    antenna. I also use a headphone set that covers my whole ear
    Works very well I mounted the dash mount (stick on ) and it stays
    on mower all time,the cradle slides on and off :cool2:
  9. ProStreetCamaro

:cool2: Just finished hooking mine up!

10. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member