Creating gas/time effective routes...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JJG84, Apr 17, 2009.

1. JJG84

JJG84 LawnSite Member
    from OH-IO

i just recently picked up 20 new lawn accounts from a property management company.... they are all foreclosed homes in my county...

i was wondering if there was some sort of software/website available out there that will allow me to simply copy and paste all of the addresses into it and it will create the route...

or should i just get a gps and program all the homes into that?

what do you all think?>

:usflag:

2. JJG84

JJG84 LawnSite Member
    from OH-IO

hmm no replies?

3. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I wish. I would pay $$. I do it manually by Google Maps, just do driving directions and add 20 destinations, then have a blast sorting them all out.

4. TL1981

TL1981 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Google "Route Rite"

5. JJG84

JJG84 LawnSite Member
    from OH-IO

welp for the record...

microsoft streets & trips is a great program for all of your routing desires...

it calculates gas usage based on your cars/trucks mpg, it optimizes your route, gives you great directions (even with updated construction zones)...

great program...

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

lawnpro............works GREAT

7. mikey.hill

mikey.hill LawnSite Member

Then why are there so many posts on here from people who wished they had never purchased it. Besides it's an install. Web based software is taking over the world. There are a few decent ones out there but not with the features I intend to develop. Anyways, TSP problem solved ... thanks Javascript

8. S.I.

S.I. LawnSite Senior Member
    from west

Sarcasm????

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dont know, you would have to ask those people, mine has been up and running on the server for over 5 yrs, I have never touched it, and YES I do use the route feture, works Great.

10. mikey.hill

mikey.hill LawnSite Member

I'm not trying to stir up any competition here, seems silly considering I'm just using this as a pet project to practice my python skills. If people like it great, if not I'm not really to worried.