Creating Market Niche?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BASIC, Apr 1, 2005.

1. BASIC

BASIC LawnSite Member

Hi guys,I've been landscaping(cutting grass)part time for the the past two years with the hope of gradually going full time.Up until yesterday I had a full time job and got laid off,it wasn't a good job but it did provide a paycheck and paid health benifits for my wife,my six month old daughter and myself.We live in Sussex county NJ.,a very fast growing,very compeditive market.Mostly whats being built are condos,McMansions and golf courses.Our county is still pretty rural by NJ standards but changing fast.I'd like to direct our buisness to the private home owner that owns a regular house,the couple that work hard all week and just want to relax on the weekend.I also don't personally like the the way most landscaping looks,it looks contrived,not organic,no offence to anyone.I'd like to direct what we do to people that want a more natural look.I have built a few stonewall and really like the way they look.It seems that all the other landscapers in the county are doing the same thing,we need to do something different.We belive very strongly in the Golden Rule.Any suggestions on how to go about this.I'm still trying to find a full time job if anyone knows of one in northern NJ.I've worked in retail firearm sales for the past twenty years,I have been an asst. manager of Edeleman's(5 years),Navy Arms(11 years) and just worked at a shooting range/stoe in Paterson for the last two years(worst place I've ever worked).I'd like to learn how to operate heavy equipment,tree work get my CDL.I would consider anything to be able provide an income for my faimilly.Thankyou all for any help you could give me with either the lawn buisness or a job.Thankyou again,BASIC.