creative mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dylan, Jun 22, 2000.

1. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

I saw a company today that had been busy with their welder. They made a hitch for their john deere tractor (5' deck) and welded a mount to their 4' JD gear drive walk behind. The guy was pulling the walk behind off to the side giving him a 9' swath. He was just eating up the yard. It was pretty impressive.

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking about doing something like that but my welding skills and lack of general ingenuity have held me back. Maybe I can bungee like 10 21" push mowers to the back of my Dixie Chopper. Sweet, I'm gonna go out and try that now!

3. Alan

Alan Member

I thought I saw an ad where DC made a trailmower to go behind one of their ZTRs.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

DC does have a pull mower. It's 72&quot; wide with a 25 HP Kohler engine and it's supposed to be able to handle anything that the mower pulling it can handle as far as cutting tall grass. They are called Pups.<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

when my machine throws things like rocks, steel wires, lawn tows, dog chewies etc, they very often come out the front of the machine. I'd hate to be in front of one of these pull behind units if that ever happened. EEEOOOOOOWWWWW!<p>GEO

6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

yah that could hurt might want to build a nice cage on the front mower like they have on the ball picker-uper things at the driving range ha ha

7. Alston

Alston LawnSite Member

or what about a brand new product called &quot;BUTT SHIELD!&quot;. I can see the business quotation &quot;Watches your butt, while you cut!&quot;. Hmmm... sounds like i might just have to retire from lawn care and go into this new business.