creative ways to make money in off season

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by schunklawn, Dec 22, 2007.

1. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

hey guys...just wondering what you all are doing to make some cash right now...i sell firewood and plow, but i was wondering if there is anything else i would want to get involved with for this time of the year....any creative thoughts will be fun to hear...

No Bunk Lawn Care

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Heck man, you said you have grossed 1.5 million this year. Take some time off.

3. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

lol...that was just an very stretched example...i don't like to sit around...might as well keep bringin in cash....

No Bunk

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a "Pooper Scooper" and.....

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Why not take some time off? The only thing I do is snow removal after all my cleanups are done.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The easiest way is to run some off on the printer, just don't spend it, look at it until satisfied, then shred it.
    There, you made money.

Playing Monopoly can be fun and relaxing, too.

7. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Make money: :laugh: I don't think that's what he meant, but okay.

The only period I have no real work is between Jan and March when there's no snow. Otherwise, I'm occupied with some kind of work.

8. birdturd9726

birdturd9726 LawnSite Member

"you can do it eBay"

9. Diesel-1984

Diesel-1984 LawnSite Member

That was good man, I got a good laugh, maybe I'll try and get my girlfriend to try that so she'll start saving some of her money, dought it will work though, lol

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I have a lot of customers with arteasean well eads and septic candycanes in their yards. I have thought of building wishing wells in the winter and selling them come spring. Give them options for just well, well and mulch + shrubs+ other plantings.