Credit card help!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Mar 17, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

ok guys i have asked this "? before. I am gonna go with paycheck to do my payroll. I need a comp for the credit card accepting and how do you ugys to it you get the machin at your office and get the number and type it in when you get home. I talked to a guy who said you can call it in on the phone. I dont no what is best. Can you guys who accept credit card let me knwo your method and the company that you use please?????????????

2. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

I use Concord EFS. But there are several companies available. You can search for Credit Card Processors on any search engine and find some. Some people on this board use the service through quickbooks.
    You have a machine at the office that you can slide the card through or punch in the number by hand, if the customer just calls in the number to you. You are charged a higher rate when you don't have the card in hand.

Good luck,

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder how Nextels CC scanner works? Attaches directly to the phone I think somehow...

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

have you checked out paypal? The CC machine processor is pretty expensive to lease per month.

5. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I ran into a lady about 2 years ago they actually have a wireless credit card machine that you can put in your truck and actually do your transactions that way. It sounds like a good idea but I wasnt to fond of the price so i siad screw it

6. thill

thill LawnSite Member

We process our CC payments using our PC. The software is called POS- Pardners. Our merchant account handled by I-Pay.

We do pay close to 3% for this "card not present" service but we had almost no upfront costs. We are able to accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express using this process.

Tom

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We use PayPal on our website. Cheaper than standard card banks and no tying up my employees with running cards.

www.metro-lawn.com