Credit Card Machine Mistake.... Any advice?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Miller Lawn, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Miller Lawn

Miller Lawn LawnSite Member

A year and a half ago, a company called EPS out of KC, MO bugged us for a couple of weeks, wanting to show us a credit card machine with 'no pressure' to buy. We were in the process of expanding facilities, and finally said ya,come on out. Long story short, the salesman told a couple of lies and got me to believe that my small lco would benefit by accepting credit cards. I signed my name to a 4 yr. non canceble (sp?) lease. The machine did not work out, but they continued to take the $129 out of my checking each month, even when the machine wasn't being used. So I closed my checking and sent the stupid machine back. Now they call every other day or so and wonder when I am going to pay, also sent some letters, etc. I told them I will pay them $750 to be done with it or pay that money to my lawyer and see them in court. No, they want $2400. The salesman told me he would help me transfer the lease to another merchant if it didn't work out for us, but I have left messages and he or his company doesn't get back to me. Have any of you ever heard of this company? What should I do? Thanks in advance :help:

2. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

If you can PROVE that he salesman lied, it will void the contract and you'll be off the hook. You may still need a lawyer to sort it all out, though.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

You'll be spending the money on a lawyer for sure because this company is known throughout the country for exactly what you have gone through and that lease contract you signed is iron clad and they will sue you for the $2400 I assure you.

Never, NEVER lease a credit card machine as it is the biggest ripoff going because you can buy outright a brand new top of the line machine for only a few hundred dollars. Mine is completely computerized and programmable, has the card reader, processor and printer all built into one unit and has a debt/check card PIN Pad and I only paid $750 Total New for it as a buy.