Credit Card On File?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Gene $immons, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I send out monthly invoices, and the customers mail in checks. I am wanting to continue with this for next season, but was wondering about having a credit card on file. I would charge the card for the amount due only if they had not mailed in their payment within 30 days of the date of the invoice.

Does anyone have a similar system in place?

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>

Hi Gene $immons,

If they would be willing to do that, why not! Have you thought about just billing them via credit card regularly instead?

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

3. rbriggs

rbriggs LawnSite Member

We don't do as much invoicing as the rest of you. In fact, we only invoice for commercial clients. Unless they've done business with us in the past, we absolutely require a credit card number as back-up. We explain to the client that the card will not be charged unless we don't receive payment upon the agreed terms. No client has ever expressed dismay over this policy. Most are in business as well, and know the risks involved with invoicing.
    That's my 2 cents.