1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Credit Card Payments

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Gman2310, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Does anyone accept credit card payments for lawn maint? If it was a new option, did more of your customers chose to pay by credit card than send in a check. After watching the 500 yesterday and seeing nextels new credit card machine, i went and got pricing on it. Its not a bad idea, instant payment, providing the customer is home.

2. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

There's the problem. 90 % of my customers are not at home when I'm there. Last year, I canviced all my maintenance customers about using credit cards for payments. No one was interested.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

CC are great ides for those who are late payers .

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the key, If they are home. I think your best bet is to require all new customers to use credit card. Use Quickbooks credit card, or a local company and key in transactions the day after service or end of week.

5. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

How much does it cost....I saw that, and thought it was a great idea for the landscaping side of things. Do you have to use their CC services. If not, what do their rates look like.