Credit Card Processing fee. Who pays?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lazor-cut, Jan 27, 2013.

1. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

I guess that's the price you pay for the portability of the card reader with a smart phone though.

2. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

3. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

It's my understanding that if the retailer chooses to charge a fee to the client that it must be clearly posted at the card reader. Buyer beware.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Its also a deductible expense.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

I was actually looking into square also. Portability isn't really necessary for me as I would like a system that i could set me customers' Monthly fee and just hit one button, deduct the money from my customers' bank account/ card.

I would rarely ever ask them to physically swipe their card.. Thats almost as bad as collecting.

6. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Is that rate for a non swiped card?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. burnsyscapes

burnsyscapes LawnSite Member

i have intuit go payment. can swipe from your laptop or phone, no monthly payment is 2.7% swiped or 3.7% entered, pay 20 buks a month and get it for 1.7% swiped or 2.7% entered. this to me was the cheapest around. and you don't need quickbooks to use it as well.

8. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Then the account is just linked to one of your bank accounts? How long does it usually take to clear? I've always heard of Quickbooks but do you have to manually type in what you want to take out or can you set it to one monthly fee of say $150 and just do it that way?

9. burnsyscapes

burnsyscapes LawnSite Member

It usually takes a day or two. What do you mean by manually in? It just deposit it into your bank account

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Manually means you type in the CC # instead of swiping the card, we use square also, just started it this season to see how it works out.