credit card processing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnsRUsInc., Feb 23, 2008.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Who do you have for processing credit cards? I was looking for a online only service. Any recommendations?

Thanks Jason
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Look into Heartland Payment Systems and your bank. Get pricing from both.
  3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I was using NOVA through my bank. They jacked up my fees. I now have NOVA through as an Executive menber I save much more than the annual costco membership fee. I also love Costco. I go there a couple of times a week.
  4. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

check out paypal "virtual terminal" i'm pretty sure they are the cheapest.
    $30/month + 2.7% and $0.30 per transaction.. same price for any type of card.

i use this and the money is in my checking in 2-3 days... any money you leave in there sits in a 3.46% money market as well .. if u sign up for that.. which i dont know why anyone wouldnt, its free.

its just a web page where u enter the cc# and name, and click a button. i can charge 30 cards in 30 minutes with it.
  5. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Costco Executive members pay about $20 as a minimum fee. I just have $400 a month that I put on customers cards. Total fee $20. I started taking Credit cards to try and collect a few overdue accounts. It worked. Its also convenient for 1 time job. The money is credited to my checking account the next day.

I had to buy a machine for $200. I got it from a dealer on ebay that DIDN'T require that you hook it up to their service (non-propriatary)
  6. lawnmower man1

lawnmower man1 LawnSite Member

I use $25 a month 2.19% + 0.25 per transaction. I have a web terminal and I have a make a payment button on my website also there isn't any startup cost at all. They have been go to me.