Credit Card Questions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mtdman, Feb 21, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I've been thinking about doing credit card payments with Quick Books. Anyone use this service? How do you like it? Are the charges fair? How fast does the money get to you after they customer charges the $$?

Thanks!

:D

2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I was looking into this as well. There deal is about as good as anyone elses, and it reduces paperwork.

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I just signed up for it. After much research the fees appear to be in line with local companies. You must have quick books pro to use the service and after I signed up, bought the software there is a coupon waiving the $59 set up in the software. Basic costs are $17.95/mo, 2.39% + .23 cents per transactions (keyed in or non-swipe).

4. mtdman

How does it work though? Does the money get to you right away, or do you have to wait a while for it? Never done cc before, so I'm not real sure about how it works.

5. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

No, its not instant. I believe it takes 2 or 3 days to transfer over, from what I have read.

6. mtdman

That's not bad. The idea I had was to set up recurring payments for customers each month that automatically apply. Not sure even how popular it would be.