credit card reader for my droid ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jdubb44, Mar 30, 2012.

1. jdubb44

jdubb44 LawnSite Member

Anybody find a reliable app to swipe credit cards with a droid phone? Im having more and more customers requesting to use a credit card. What do you guys use?
  2. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

3. machin5

machin5 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Also works for Droid.
  4. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

We us Square. I don't take credit card other than onetime projects, aerations, thatching, cleanups, gutters and so on. I only started using them because we could increase our sales of onetime's by taking credit cards. I can handle loosing 3-5% for one times but not for yearly accounts.
  6. jdubb44

jdubb44 LawnSite Member

how much does it cost. I also heard of intuit anybody try them?
  7. robroquet

robroquet LawnSite Member

Square is 2.5%, not sure about the others.
  8. realtree

realtree LawnSite Member

Square. Works good if you need to swipe or punch in numbers manually.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

Also with square they charge more if you manually enter the card numbers instead of swiping. They also hold the funds for upto a month if you manually enter them. Basically because with manually entering there is a larger chance of fraud or the customer denying payment as compared to swiping. You can talk to their sales department and explain the nature of your business and they will make exceptions to this, they did for us. We had a document drawn up by my attorney that the customers can sign to allow us to make monthly manually entered charges. Squareup's attorneys had to approve the form. But now we don't have to wait the 30days for payment, and only pay .1% higher for manually entering over swiping. When I showed squareup the rates I was paying another processing company they also brought their rates down to beat the other company. As far as the authorization forms the customer signs for this, we keep them on file and if a situation does arise, we then will have to provide them to squareup.
  10. jdubb44

jdubb44 LawnSite Member

Also do you guys scan customer cards on site with their card or do you keep their card numbers on file and enter them in manually when you get a chance?? Thanks guys