Credit Card?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Plow_Boy84, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Plow_Boy84

Plow_Boy84 LawnSite Member

When you guys were just starting out did you put your lawn mower and trailer on a credit card? or pay part in cash and the rest on a credit card? Do you think this would be a good or bad idea?

2. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

When i started i paid cash because my credit wasn't great, well i should say not really established.. Now i have three business cards and two are at 0 %..I just keep switching them when the 0% offer expires.. So it depends on your credit status..

3. hotpan

hotpan LawnSite Member

i am about to buy my first wb lawnmower for about $3,000 and am going to finance it through the dealership b/c they offer "6 months same as cash" and if my advertising works, and i get enuf customers, then i will definitely be able to pay it off without having to pay interest on it! :) so ask them if they offer it too, if your credit holds up !

4. Plow_Boy84

Plow_Boy84 LawnSite Member

my credit is fine. however i am a little nervous about putting this on the card. i would like to pay it in cash but spent most of it on my pickup.

5. down size

down size LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I got my first mower on credit ( ferris W/B) paid it off in 4 months and haven't had to buy anything on credit sence.

6. HTI

HTI LawnSite Member

the dealership should give you credit at no or low terms

7. kingofbling

kingofbling LawnSite Member
    from dallas

In my opinion if the financing (on the card) is low or no financing at all i would charge it and pay a large payment each month. If you think about it in the end it helps your credit with the credit card company.

Also i would do the above if you got rewards or miles, etc.

I always charge things and if its like $1,000 i will pay $350 a month just for that item, sometimes my minimum payment is $200 but i will pay $1000, etc.
    My cards start out with limits of $1,000 and then jump to $5,000, $10,000.

I dont mind paying a little intrest on these to help personal/business credit.

8. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I paid cash for most of my stuff, but as long as you pay off your dept quickly I think charging is ok.