Credit Cards cash back

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stevesmowing, Jul 9, 2006.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

What credit cards out there have the best programs for getting cash back. I saw advanta has 6% on gas and 2% on everything else. I think I could easily save $400-$800 a year if I switched from what I have now.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

"A maximum of $300 in Cash Back rewards may be earned on this account in any enrollment year, with a maximum of $25 in Cash Back rewards earned in any billing cycle."

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Chase Manhattan currently has some thing 8.99% APR, no annual rate (this one's a must for me), and a miles / dollar program...

Now I have Capital One and my interest rate is an outrageous 21.99% but I pay it off every month so it doesn't phase me (ok every once in a moon I get caught). Still, the miles / dollar is more lucrative than Chase's program. So it's a close race, a few other contenders are offering good deals as well, if I really nitpick the specifics apart I might can find a benefit over Cap1's account but I've been with Capital One since I started my business, and unless someone just blows Cap1's deal away, I'm simply not willing to bite the hand that feeds me.

Because with my current account, things may not be perfect but they're pretty nice for me, and I'm on the long-term part of the account where a lot of these new deals are 'intro' offers and the long-term part is what you really have to look at. Sure there may be an initial benefit to the intro part but it has to be worth it in the long run or it is not a good deal. Now if the long-term part is ok, then take it and the intro bit is your bonus, way I see it.