Credit Cards for Businesses

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by snap12.5, Feb 6, 2008.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What kind of credit cards have u guys used that have the best cash rebates???

Im considering either the American Express Simply Cash that has 5% cash back on gas purchases and cell phone charges. But there is also the Chase Freedom card which offers 3% back on just about everything.

Please advise. Thanks

2. TNLC owners

TNLC owners LawnSite Member

Hey Snap:

Last month, I just applied for and received the 5% cash back card you described. I felt that it fit my situation rather well as most of my purchases are gas. However, if I were a bigger operation with more expenses for other things, I might consider another card. However, the 1% cash back on any other purchase with the Amex card make it rather attractive in my opinion.

3. Grassbuster

Grassbuster LawnSite Member

I use Chase

4. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

I use Advanta w/ 5% cash back. I get 7.99% fixed annual fee!

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Good lord 5% I might have to ask Capital One to start kicking some my way or I need to go find someone else.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you guys may NOT know this BUT if you look into the major oil co's. and if you meet there guide lines you can recive even more than that from them....

7. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Give example of criteria that would generate cash back from a 20 - 22% interest card and be worth it unless you paid the balance off every month please. I am truly interested in this. I get 5% on fuel cash back with a fixed 7.99% rate and I pay them off within two month most of the time. This is the kicker, if you don't pay off the high interest card quickly, the cash back is not relevant IMO.