Credit cards - Quickbooks, anyone use them

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JayD, Feb 5, 2011.

1. eastportstar

eastportstar LawnSite Member

anybody gonna try this new "square" ? it plugs into your smartphone and you use it to swipe credit cards. i think 15 cents + 2.75 % fee. no monthly charge i think.
  2. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have one of those smart phones with all the extras. Wife wont let me spend that kind of money on fancy phones with all the extras...:nono::nono::cry::cry:
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

is that merchant you use able to work with our business here in Ks? those are good terms
  4. tradeyouraccounts

tradeyouraccounts Banned

Paypal has works well and there is no monthly fee just per transaction as customers grow you might be better of contacting your bank as business customers can use their merchant services but there maybe a monthly service charge.
  5. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah. They are the third largest processor in the country. Here is their site.

Best thing to do to get info is just to call em. They aren't high pressure.

If you want, ask for Logan and tell him Ryan Tennyson sent you. He was a great rep on the phone with me.

I need to also add, I am getting $0.22 per transaction, not $0.15. My mistake.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  6. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a monthly charge and often a setup charge of $60. Rates are usually higher, however, money often gets deposited into your account within 24 hours on business days.
  7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i will try that out, thanks. ia m thinking of beta testing a small group of clients using paypal for a while first though
  8. JayD

Ryan, what is the monthy charge?

Is this set up to let customers call a number and pay over the phone with their card or is it something that you inter their card info every month. I see on here where guys say that customers dont want to give out their cc# to you/us.
  9. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

We set this up last January and it works very well.

I provide a link on my Quickbook invoices, most credit card clents follow the link to a login page. Using their own password they can view recent invoices and also pay them with a credit card.

Takes a little work to set up initially but Quickbooks and merchant services are very good with their support on these subjects.

I can still manually enter credit cards through Quickbooks if clients call the numbers in to our office.

I don't encourage clients to pay by CC because of the slight added fee, but feel it is a needed option for collecting payment as our company grows.

As a side note I just set up check scanning last month through Quickbooks. $10 per month + $0.23 per check. Checks scanned by 3 PM eastern time are in my bank account the next day. Works really well, very few trips to the bank now and better cash flow.
  10. JayD

Wow, that's some really good info, thanks...

So let me ask you this and to anyone else as that goes, how many customers or % use this? Did they ask for this, or did you want to have it so people would pay with cc when cash was tight? I wished I knew how many if any would like this.