1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Jan 13, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I am thinking about taking credit cards this year. Do you close more accounts because you offer it. Have you ever had someone dispute it and screw you. I was talking to a buddy that had a customer dispute the hydroseeding job. Of course the customer didnt water it.
  2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

We started a few years ago, it has been good for us. It does help us get a few more accounts, but the big benefit is cash flow. We have 2/3 of our fert clients who prepay for the season now that we accept cards, when people are late, we just ask them to give us a card # which we run automatically, (we have a little form they fill out). Many of our mowing clients prefer the auto billing.
  3. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of costs are involved in setting up for and per transaction?

Who did you sign up with for the service?
  4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

It's one of the best moves you can make. After an exhaustive search, I found what I believe to be the best Merchant Service company out there. PM me again if you want their info Humble.
  5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I tell all my new clients that CC are all we accept
    I ahve them set up on auto payment
  6. xtremelawn

xtremelawn LawnSite Member
    from USA

We are thinking of accepting cc this year also. What is the company you are talking about?

7. Victor

I don't think I'm allowed to say their name and number on here am I? I thought I had to tell people in PM's. I'll send you the info in a PM.
  8. Victor

You can't receive PM's yet.
  9. xtremelawn

xtremelawn LawnSite Member
    from USA

Victor Thanks for trying. I just found out i have to be on the site for 10 days before i can PM

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Hay victor
    I dont know what the difference is between the name of the company you use to run credit cards with and the brand name of a herbicide or name of a program you use to bill with and the way i read the rules you cant do it in lawnsite PM either. But if you would PM me so i can compare it to what we use ours is 1.65 % +19 cents per transaction just under a dollar for 45 dollars
    thank you Charles Cue