Credit cards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toddppm, Jul 11, 2000.

1. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I have checked on accepting credit cards a couple times and the companies offering the service seemed pretty shady, $300-500 app. fee no guarantee you'll be accepted. Where did you'all setup your credit card service? I tried my bank before but they wanted a storefront for that. I have since changed banks i will ask my new one. What is the going rate on charges you take ? Last i checked with the shady co.s, they wanted about 3%. Seems like a good way to get paid on time and immediatley after jobs are done, easier for the wives to spend on new projects too!

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I accept Visa, MC, and AmEx. I did not have to pay any fee, just 3% of total. Have not had and transaction yet, we will see what aeration season brings!<p>Ray

3. Toddppm

from VA

How did you get setup to accept?Know of a company that does this?Thanks

4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

There are several ways to set-up the credit card account. Check with Costco. Also, E-mail me since we're in the same area and we can compare notes on local banks. We have used two different ones. <br>E-mail: Snilanelle@aol.com

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

We take AMX (3.4%) kickback to AMX and we take Visa and Mastercard on-line, 1.9%. If interested in taking Visa or Mastercard online, visit my website and click the PayPal logo. So, far, the few customers that pay by credit card like it. <p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I did it at the bank I have my business account at, Centura. They set everything up and it was simple!

7. Toddppm

from VA

My new bank is sending me the app. today. MC/VISA, 2.3%, .25 per trans., $95 setup fee(he hesitated when he mentioned this?HMMMM). That's if i use my own terminal, can also use telephone but higher rate and trans fee, sounds pretty good to me , they have some refurbished terminals at half price too.Want to get setup before Yellow pages deadline in sept. anyway, will start putting in new adds asap also.