credit cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scaglawnsnj, Jan 27, 2005.

1. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

More like just your $3,000. :p

2. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Would you be willing to pay an employee $3000 per year to collect your $100,000 gross from your customers and have it deposited into your bank account within 48hours after the work is complete? Working for a whole month and doing AR's and having to wait an additional 15 to 30 days after that to collect your money will cost you much more than that $3000. When customers don't pay on time, hold your money hostage, decide that you didn't show up 3 weeks ago, etc..... having the ability to charge a CC after that days work is priceless. Cashflow is King. If the CC is declined then you don't go back to service the property until it is cleared, that way you will not be continuing to have work, that you have done, piling up with a customer who can't/won't pay the bill. At the very least you will be out the cost of 1 visit instead of 1 month or more.

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, that's gotta be about the most ignorant statement I've seen here in a while.

I had tens of thousands of dollars in jobs last year that I wouldn't have had otherwise had I not taken credit cards. And that 3% is built into our pricing structure. We make MORE money because we take credit cards, not the other way around.

Don't quit your day job just yet, genius.

4. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

It's a fact that customers also spend more when they are able to use there cc's. Might get a few extra things done that they wouldn't ordinarily if they were just paying cash. Who says that just because a customer wants to pay by cc that they only have $100 in the bank. This country is run on credit as long as the charge clears I don't care how much they have in the bank!