Credit??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Wayne Landscaping, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

i need to know from ur guyzes experience if when u set up a s corp., how much lets say...dodge would give me on a truck, i have no or little credit, cause im 18, and when i incorporate, i want a 3500 with a cummins...new...and was wondering if they gave credit to start up companies. thanks

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you need a truck like that brand new? I'd look around for a used one or find one to suffice for now. Thats a lot of debt for a start-up company and that's a lot of grass to cut to make the payments, cover insureance and maintance! JMO

Hell, I'd love one but it just aint practical,,,,,yet!!!!!

3. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Unless you have the ultimate trick up your sleeve for business startup I wouldn't even consider buying a $40,000+ truck.

I know guys who've been doing concrete work for years, have been doing very well at it and ehwn they started their own business they still couldn't afford a truck like that.

Not saying you're stupid as you've got to have a dream, but you got to be practical.

4. Wayne Landscaping

i hear ya guys, but this decision is above me, my question is will dodge credit give a start up credit financing, not is it the right route. thanks

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Um, just go apply, and find out...

6. Wayne Landscaping

i will, i just want to know what u guys think the likelihood is

7. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

let the kid buy the truck. ill give him $1000 for it this winter when he goes broke.

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Some bank somewhere out there will give you credit...you'll likely pay out the wazoo for it but there's a bank out there for you.

Noticed you said you "want" that truck, not that you "need" that truck. Big difference.

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

NO, Nobody will give YOUR company any money.
    You may find someone that will give you money (but I doubt it will be Dodge) but only as a personal loan.
    I believe you will have a hard time getting funded for this truck, Try a co-signer

10. Wayne Landscaping

what about the sba, will ford give me a loan for like 37, remember...this is a company, i thought companies have an easier time of getting credit.