1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Creek Thru a pipe question

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Mowing Mike, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Mowing Mike

Mowing Mike LawnSite Member

I want to build a pond a my house, little bit different that once Ive seen here. The main pond would be like your average farm pond. (around an acer or so). I will them pump up to the front of my house to a smaller watergarden pond with a waterfall. There will be a creek flowing away from the water garden back to the main pond.I have one area that the water needs to go past the drive way, My question is this, Is there any problems with running the creek into a underground pipe so it can past the driveway and other areas I don't want the creek at?

Thanks Mike
  2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see any problem diverting the water through a pipe or culvert.
  3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

No Proplem at all Sounds like a great plan I would loveto Pics when its finished
  4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Sounds like money doesnt really matter. I would build a bridge over the creek. I think it would look better, and you dont have to worry about water washing out around the pipe.
  5. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

If diverting the water under the drive is a necessity, I would think about using a system like aquascape's pondless waterfall. Your stream could "disappear" and then pick up again on the other side. This would only work well if you have enough grade change from one side to the other (typically 3" fall in 2' is the least you should work with).

It would easy to purchase the supplies you need at TSC or any farm supply store. You can buy corrugated drain tile cheaply, and it makes a great pondless waterfall system.