1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Creeping charlie

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hey guys I did A search on creeping charlie and needed a little more reasurance do you guys think that applying Trimec 258 25-3-3 in mid may would be good at defending creeping charlie and keeping it to a min. or completely out of the picture for a year I'm learning more and more everyday any help would be awsome- thanks
  2. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I suspect that granulars on any broadleaf weed will yield no results. I applied granular Momentum w/fert last May -- nothing. I sprayed Momentum in October, killed everything that it was supposed to. I can't speak for granular Trimec, but I would imagine the physics are the same as Momentum.

3. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a "no."

The stuff is hard enough to kill with liquid herbicides. With granular, no chance.
  4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I tell my customers it dies really slowly. when the temps warm up it will die on it's own!
  5. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Wow. I've never seen that around here. How friggin hot does it get down there?
  6. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

most do not put down granular herbicide correctly, read the label, it should work better than you have described liquid is usually best though
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Granular won't touch it. With liquid, it sometimes takes me up to 3 aps (atLEAST two) - spaced at 2 week increments.