1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

creeping charlie

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmoney, Jul 15, 2006.

1. dmoney

dmoney LawnSite Member

looking for advice on the best methods for getting rid of this pesky weed. also does momentum control it?
  2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Any 3-way containing 2-4,D and/or dicamba should control Creeping Charlie (Ground Ivy). If you have quite a bit, do a second application in 2-3 weeks.

Its a perennial that may reappear in spots over time, but you can spot spray it if it does.
  3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Confront is very effective, though not labeled for residential turf any longer. Speedzone and products like triplet, trimec, lesco three way, are effective. You probably should apply in the fall .Do a couple of apps 2-3 weeks apart.
  4. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Speedzone works great for me, very easy to get rid of.
  5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

you may need pennicillin if you have creeping charlie.
  6. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

I remember my dad telling back in when he was an A-Base Commander in Nam well set Claymores took care of Creeping Charlie.....
  7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

wait until fall and hit it with a ester-based herbicide, like low vol 3, chaser, or any herbicide that has triclopyr in it. about 1/3 the cost of speedzone and you get 2.5gal, not 1gal.
  8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

"Chaser" (ester) knocks it out in one app...especially if it's sprayed when it's hot (summer).