1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Crepe Myrtle Scale

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dallas Turf, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

I began noticing scale attacking crepe myrtles around here the beginning of last year primely on the white C.M. now I am noticing it on all of them. This stuff is spreading fast and it is wreaking some havoc on all of them now. It is a small white soft scale that when smashed has a purple goo inside, they are forming in such large numbers that they are impossible to count. Sooty mold is now forming on the waste that they are producing turning the branches black.

They have caused considerable damage to the trees that had the heaviest infestations last year: very late in coming out, also lacking vigor and they are very sparse.

I treated them several times last year with Merit and Acephate being applied to the scale and branches with sticker. I knocked them back by about 50% but could not get rid of them.

Any suggestions?????????:eek:
  2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

wow , what a messs.
    Reads like it's toooo humid
  3. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Any suggestions?