Crew Income

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Little Guy, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Little Guy

Little Guy LawnSite Member

How many people have a 2 man cutting crew that clears $3500.00 in 5 days?

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

If you are asking if that crew is effective or profitable i would say there below average for a full 40 hours.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You kinda hung up on this tonight aren't you?

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We don't do maintenance 5 days a week, but I have a crew that does more than 1/2 of that in 2 days. It does seem that you are a little hung up on this. What do you not see possible? :cool:

5. Little Guy

Ya I am because It's driving me crazy! I don't have cutting crews but the guys that I know that do don't come close to that.
    The people that are out there to be hired just don't produce like that. So there is either something wrong in this state or I better put my boots on, because it's getting deep in here!

But I'm gonna let it go now!

6. Always Green

Always Green LawnSite Member

That's only $700 per day It costs me over $600.00 per day just to open the doors, sounds about right to me the cutting crew has never been a great money maker for us, but are more of loss leader to other work, and gets our name out there. If you think $3500.00 is big money I don't know what to say 2 you

7. Little Guy

It's not BIG money but then again 99% of my income is New Installations and I could never get by on that $3500.00 I guess I'm just Ignorant to the Maintenance potential.payup

8. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

We are pretty spread out but with 2 guys on a good long day we can do 15-20. Anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 acre. Sharpen your blades...
    Some people only want to work hard enough to keep them above water

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Are you out cutting with these guys? If not, I think it's time to put a fire under your Foreman's @ss. Think he is starting to feel a little too comfortable with his job. I know that sounds mean, but my guys produce for me... BUT they are very well compensated.

Maintenance to me is juts a rat race. There is so much that goes into it I can almost say I can't stand doing it. As a full service company we have to offer it. We only cut 3 1/2 days a week, but I can clear over what that brings in on one install.

In order to make big bucks in maintenance, you either have to have all full service customers or a truck load of just maintenance.

Sometimes you have to fire the weak as examples, just so the strong stay that way. Again some call me mean, but it's the way of business. You know the saying "only the strong survive". :cool:

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Dude! Keep it in ONE thread for crying out loud!
    And get over it already, would ya!