1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Crew Leader pay

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kj09272008, Feb 1, 2010.

1. kj09272008

kj09272008 LawnSite Member

Do you think that $11.00 dollars a hour is a good pay for a crew leader.
    crew leader= driving from acount to acount making sure all equipment is ready in morning, making sure that the crew is doing there job plus dealing with customers. and checking the property once everyone is done. what do you think?
  2. dclandscape

dclandscape LawnSite Member

I pay mine $21.00/ hr. Plus one week of paid vaca.
  3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

$11.00 an hour and you will have more applicants than you could possibly interview.
  4. CLS LLC

CLS LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a little low to me. Although I'm no expert. Keep in mind though that your crew leader is the only contact many of your customers will ever have with your business after the initial sale.
  5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what we pay or laborers.
  6. TampaBGTguy

TampaBGTguy LawnSite Member

We pay laborers 10 an hour and crew leader 15. He runs a 4 man crew. Its him and 4 other guys and he makes sure they get from site to site, the job is completed correctly, the workers aren't being lazy, and that the equipment is being properly handled. He handles the daily crew logs and expenses and its worth the extra 5 dollars an hour.

Everyone seems very happy with the situation.

I know some, however, who pay laborers minimum wage because there are people who will work for it and run no crew leader... but you just cant guarantee client satisfaction that way and you end up having to go back over the job a second time and in my opinion... it takes less time and money, overall, to do it right the first time.
  7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am along the same rate as Tampa^^^^ we pay 8-12 for second man position and $13.00 to $15.00 for crew leader.
  8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya in my opinion the crew leader needs to have a clear difference between workers, after all he has more responsibilities and has more relationship with customers
  9. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

13.50 i pay mine