1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

crew leader

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by greenn1001, May 21, 2006.

1. greenn1001

greenn1001 LawnSite Member

what kind of starting pay should be expected for a crew leader and what kinds of responsibilities are put on them? also love any other info about the job. thanks
  2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

my guys this year are averaging $13.50 to $15.50 an hour... they dont do much other than drive and make sure the work gets done properly..
  3. jpicciu

jpicciu LawnSite Member

Back when I worked for another company, I was a crew leader, and I didn't receive much more pay, if any, than other workers. Truth be told, I did more work than the other employees as well. Then I was the one who had to deal with the customers' crap when anything happened. I would just imagine that different crew leaders do different things and make different amouns of money. In retrospect, I did WAY too much for WAY too little pay when I was crew leader. Hence, I started my own business this past year, make my own rules, don't worry about idiot employees. Loving every minute of it as well. Also, you decide how much you get paid as well. :usflag: :clapping:
  4. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

thanks for shareing that with us jp, that gives true meaning and insight to the question that was asked.....:)
  5. jpicciu

jpicciu LawnSite Member

I do what I can
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The end product along with getting the job done in the alloted hours are their biggest resposibilites. Mine are paid $22.50 an hour currently.
  7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

At least $18.00.
  8. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

crew leader in florida (major company) 10$ if your good. You guys got it made$$$$
  9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

$17 + Commission here.
  10. jpicciu

jpicciu LawnSite Member

Son of a gun some of these guys are making good money! I never knew one who made over 12$ an hour....me being one of them