Crew loading WAY too big of a WB on their trailer....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Aug 4, 2008.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't believe the "lawn grubs" I saw today. They had about a 6.5x12 trailer, and the one guy was loading a 60" Exmark Turf Tracer onto it. And to do it, he backed it in, then stepped about 12" up on top of the FENDER to finagle the rest of the machine on the trailer. I couldn't even watch, couldn't bear to watch the accident that will surely result some day..............

Some guys........... Jeez...........

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

any pics?????

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i dont get what youre saying. a 60" mower is only 5 feet wide and hes on a 6.5 foot trailer. why did he have to finagle it on there?

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

That's the first thing I thought of.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

i started out with a 6x10 trailer and had both a 48 and 61 wb sidways and didnt really have any problems with loading/unloading

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I saw a guy pulling a really funky looking trailer with a ZTR of some sort the other day. It was like an old Nissan PU and they didn't have the trailer on a receiver and ball. It was hanging by the chains only. The hitch was almost dragging the ground and swinging back and forth. Incredible.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed, according to the size of trailer you state, there was plenty of trailer to haul that machine. Maybe the guy likes playing Spider Man:blob2:

8. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 61 Tiger and a 6 and 1/2' wide trailer. ?????? Plenty of room.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

a 61'' will fit on a 6.5 Ft trailer no problem. i dont get this post

10. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with everyone else, he could of ran a 60" ZTR or WB up on that trailer with no problems. Somebody's been in the heat too long...