Crews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rixtag, Jun 11, 2002.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

For those of you with 2 or more guys, how do you approach a property? Do you drop off some of the guys and go do other props or do you all land, finish and leave as a team?

The reason I am asking is my partner has 3 guys and himself. more often than not he will drop off his guy or guys and run errand, go to start other props etc. I am solo so this is new to me and I wanted to hear from others about their methods.

Is it more efficient to land, finish and go as a team, or to scatter everyone around?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

2. Assemblaly line.

3. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

:confused: Elaborate please.

Thanks,
    Rick

4. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

when we work as a team we land and finish execpt in the neighborhood with eight accounts. Then we split up one mower goes one way the other goes the other and the trimmer catches and when we finish mowing we help with the trimming and blowing.

5. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

From my experience & most cost effective on nomal props.
    2 guys = one mows, one trims, who ever finished up first blows.
    3 guys = 2 mow, 1 trim, 1st finish blows.
    3 guys = 1 mow, 1 trim, 1 strings trimmers, gas up equip, cleans filters, etc...

Multiple accounts neighbors = same as above.
    Multiple accounts close by, 1 mow, 1 trim, 1 rides mower to next job, other mowing guy rides over w/ trimmer & helps other guy finish up. Trimmer guy drives truck & meets up w/ them.

Large props, you could drop people off w/ trailer while one guy runs to dealer etc. if close by.

6. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

The guy I worked for would run two man teams. One truck, trailer and mowers, trimers, etc for each team for most res. and small com props. O days he would have big props, we would all meet there first thing in the AM and then split up. It seemed to work well.