Criders Lawn Care,LLc Equipment Pics, Work Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by CriderLawn09, Jan 14, 2011.

1. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

That's good that he noticed it before it happened. You would hate for that to have happened when it was on the road I'm sure that people would talk about the truck that snapped in half and, with your lettering on it.

2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL at first I thought you fab'ed up a dump bed for it. After reading more all I could think of what was going through the employee's mind was Monty Python's Holy Grail qoute "......... RUNAWAY! RUNAWAY!!!!!!" Sucks about the truck and honestly first glace at it, looked like a awesome truck, you should keep a part of it and hang it on the wall as a good luck charm or something, one of my buddies did that with a old bug shield off one of his 80's Fords and hung it on wall above the door in front of a spot light.

Thats one thing I've notice with those body styles, it must be a inherent problem with the frame damage right behind the cab, I saw it on a few one tons from municapalites that part of the frame was "fixed". Even on the older Fords had frame problems at the spring mounts, creating a pocket against the frame, same buddy fore mentioned filled the void with caulk, don't know how well it held up.

On the new dump I'm suprised you didn't bed liner the bottom half of the truck, did it to my chevy and its been great against the snow and ice. Also wouldn't hurt to put a mud flap in front of the tire to keep stones kicked up by the tires from smashing into the back of the cab.

Still lookin' good.

3. CriderLawn09

CriderLawn09 LawnSite Member

LOL yea im sure i would have been the talk of the town haha, but yea im very thankful we caught it when we did. It prolly should of been red tagged years ago lol :hammerhead:

4. CriderLawn09

HAHA swampy, when it first happened i took that pic and showed it to my wife and she said what did you do ? get another dump truck? lol i said i guess honey you could call it that lol! But yea those trucks are bad for that they rot right behind the cab and when you load them down they snap, and i dont know if i would trust caulk or not, maybe a little weld, and yea we have a two tool boxes we are mounting on each side so the mud flaps wouldnt be a bad idea since we will be spreading a cab corners worst nightmare (SALT) Lol and thanks for the compliements! :drinkup:

5. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Great read! See your guys out all the time, hope you had a great season!

6. CriderLawn09

We had a great season :waving: where are you located b and b ? BTW I have a ton of new pics ill try to get posted soon.

7. BandBLawncare

from Ohio

Ironton, service a lot of ky and some in wv

8. CriderLawn09

I see your doing that alcon job, I bid that back in mid summer and I decided that place wasn't for me, but it looks like you guys got the bid! So, that's great I hope they are treating you guys good.

9. BandBLawncare

from Ohio

Its not a bad gig, they make it worth the travel I guess. we are thinking of making the switch to ferris wb this season, do you have any you want to get rid of?

10. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to see you back on here, and I'm looking forward to the pics!