criticize my project planning stages..

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by BradLewisLawnCare, May 26, 2012.

1. BradLewisLawnCare

BradLewisLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

just a quick drawing of what i am trying to say.

patio9.jpg

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Gate should have been moved

Posted via Mobile Device

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I always spill my beer when I look at pictures sideways.

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I know, right!

If this were my forum, I would suspend any member that posts sideways pictures for 5 days.

5. BradLewisLawnCare

In my defense, my mac automatically corrects it. So I see it upright until it's posted. My apologies. Will try and correct the pictures sometime soon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BradLewisLawnCare

Ok, update. the wall and stairs are put in. not cleaned. I am now planning on doing pavers against the building, not concrete. the same pavers i am using for the radius patio out back. It ends on the left early because I am installing a 14 ft cantilever gate.

retaining wall.jpg

7. BradLewisLawnCare

sitting wall is up and the fire pit is in. by next week i should have much better progress/photos. 7/4 is coming.

8. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

It's funny how a 150lb vibrating piece of machinery makes a woman come running.

9. BradLewisLawnCare

updated picture. wall and pit were put in before the pavers. I know I could have done better on the cuts, but I accepted flaws to give everyone a chance at cutting a couple. The design isn't that great and my lines could be straighter. I had a lot of fun, but we have been so slammed. At least I can rip it out and do it again if I get really picky next year... Sitting wall is lower than I wanted. good thing I has 7 nieces and nephews, one on the way. They will appreciate it. It is 17" I didn't calculate that I'd want to raise the height of the patio in front of the wall for drainage when installing the wall and it caused me to have a lower sitting wall. I was shooting for 20" Then I did more thinking and researching. my first fire pit and sitting wall! not my first patio, but my first radius patio. I am pretty satisfied.

10. BradLewisLawnCare

here it is. first one came in sideways.

photo.jpg