Critics for a shrub trimming job I did

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JCLawn and more, May 27, 2010.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I did this job for a lady, I cut about 6inches to a foot off this shrubs. I want some honest criticism for this. Tell me what I did wrong and how to make it better for next time. I feel that I don't do a outstanding job, so I don't like to do it or charge a lot for it.

0527101835b.jpg

0527101835a.jpg

0527101832c.jpg

0527101832a.jpg

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I think they look good.

3. JCLawn and more

from MI

pretty crappy pictures, they were with my crappy phone. try to go off the top one. The nakedness of the bush is not my fault.

4. JCLawn and more

from MI

you cant tell, but I cut this lawn from 4 inch to 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch high. I did not bag this. I ran over it 4 times to work it into the grass. The first time over it just made a windrow of a foot wide. It was a done with a 42inch 2 blade residential zero turn which does not chop of the grass at all, do to the modifications I have done with the deck. Like a 7 gauge steel plate inside of the mower deck.

0527101832b.jpg

5. JCLawn and more

from MI

well, the grass does not come above the sole of my shoe when I stand in the yard. I hate it that short! but that is what she wants.

6. JCLawn and more

from MI

thank you. I think I can be tough on myself.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Seeing how you might be working for crazy lady I think those shrubs look DANG GOOD!
    Any other time, they still look pretty decent.

It's got a unique style, I can see it, maybe you're not quite there yet or maybe you
    are but just stick with what you do, I think they turned out decent.

The grass is another story...
    READ: I fight tooth and nail NOT to drop my cut below 4".
    So far I'm winning but the outcome isn't always cheap.
    Yes, I have lost and probably will lose customers over it,
    that's not what I'm proud of, it's that I'm onto something
    and I BELIEVE in what I'm doing.

But, if you're doing what a man's got to do to survive, I got jobs like that too.
    Just not the grass lol

Peace out

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  8. JCLawn and more

from MI

LOL! were you just being stupid? or serious? All I did was round them. I don't like square because then it has to be even. That is hard to do.

9. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

one thing with the trimming. from those crappy pictures. take a little bit less off. it looks like you took a bit to much of some bushes. but it looks pretty good other then that

10. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

i think they look good. if youre feeling bad about yoursef, find the thread on here about one eyed larry. also, have u tried to tell the HO that its unhealthy for that grass to be so short?