Critique my contract!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Slcareco, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

excellent contract jpm you dont mind if i use some of your material do you? its reallyyyyyy good!! i like alot and keep it coming guys!! thank you all its a real big help!!!

2. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

Dido!!!! ;) ;)

3. Slcareco

ALarsh how would you shorten it then?? :dizzy:

4. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

Try to stay away from personal wording like, we, you, I, etc...try to be a bit more formal. Watch your justification as well, you need to be consistant.

Are you a fully insured company??? and for how much???

5. Any damages must be reported within 24 hours of service. Failure to report damages within that time frame constitutes a waiver, and releases SCOTTS LAWN CARE CO. from liability.

End Quote

I would not sign that. I don't know many who would.

Hope this helps.

Richard

5. Slcareco

good point and thanks but how would you word it to cover myself from damages that isnt from me they try to blame me for?

6. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

If you are honest and upfront with your clients, they will be too (most of them). If there is any dammage what-so-ever you need to let them know right away. Now if they are coming after you trying to get money out of you for nothing you did, they'll do it no matter what your contract says. And heck, the way your contract is, means that if my property is dammaged in any way shape or form, I got 24 hrs to come after you. Some people will take advantage of that. I would word it like this.

NOTIFICATION AND APPROVAL

The Contractor must immediately notify the Owner of any damages and/or accidents to any property or individual. No repairs to be commenced without notifying and receiving the approval of the Owner.

End Quote

7. Slcareco

i think ill just take that out then lol

8. Slcareco

here is my contract after all your guys comments and suggestions so far let me know how it came out so far (not finished)

Attached Files:

9. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty good but I would change Cutting Edge Landscaping, Inc. to Scotts Lawncare co before you sign anybody up.LOL :waving:

Jason

10. Slcareco

lol i know thanks man