Critique My Door Hanger

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kickin Your Grass, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the rough draft of my door hanger I created for the 2010 season. The quality sucks but it's an idea of what I came up with. I'm going to send the final rough draft to the graphics artist for them to create the proof. What do you think?

BACK

[​IMG]

2. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I don't like the yellow. Green and black is better in my opinion.

3. Kickin Your Grass

The green and yellow is what we have on all out shirts, hoodies, truck, trailer, signs, business cards, estimate sheets, etc. As far as layout and wording what do you think?

BTW, I already fixed the misspelled word on the front of the door hanger before anyone calls it out.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  4. LawnBizCoach

LawnBizCoach LawnSite Member

kickin your grass..

One thing you might consider is to add a more tangible benefit the customer receives for choosing you..ON the front, you mention reasons to call you and they are true but general in nature and not any different from what a lot fo other companies say.

In the podcast last week, I touched on this idea of differentiation--it juts helps to stand out from the crowd with something unique if possible..just a couple of thoughts..looking good though.

5. Kickin Your Grass

Are you talking about the darker yellow? The darker yellow areas will be the same color yellow that is in my logo and the arrow at the bottom of the front of the door hanger.

6. Kickin Your Grass

Thank You! I just checked your website out and am listening to the podcast now.

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

IMHO, they don't look the least bit professional. It is kinda on the cheesy side. How about a picture or two of your work as a backdrop. No need to list every single service you do. I don't see the reason to call...$5 off of one lawn service is not going to get me to call. 10% for the season or FREE something with signup for X service, that would entice me to call. The door hanger is a good start, but I feel it needs work.

8. Kickin Your Grass

I wouldn't know where to start as far as adding a picture as a backdrop. I'm guessing I just need to hire somone to create a professional one from scratch. I created this with paint, cutting from old pictures of flyers and door hangers I had and putting stuff together.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  9. Kickin Your Grass

Sorry guys. I had to have the front image of the door hanger taken down as I was getting private phone calls all of the sudden. Thanks for the helpful replies tho!

10. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the way you have the back layed out. It looks like you have everything you could possibly list on the back, makes me wonder what you had to fill out the front...???? Logo obviously, what else?