Critique My Door Hangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kickin Your Grass, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I am having these printed at my local print shop. I took them a rough draft and this is what they came up with. Let me know what you think.

Front of Door Hanger:

Back of Door Hanger:

2. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

I like it simple and to the point.Only thing i noticed (year round lawn care and mowings bagged or mulched )seems like you should choose one or the other.Kinda like saying it twice.jmo good luck this year!
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty good. I agree with superzzz, just get rid of the mulch/bag part, gives them a reason to call and ask questions. Also IMO "Flower, hedge and shurb planting" sounds better then how you have it printed, but its a pretty small thing.

4. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

P Salvador of Dallas?
  5. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I will call in the morning and tell them to get rid of the Mulched or Bagged part.
  6. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

"we can take care of just your basic mowing or we can take care of it all!"

When you say "just your basic mowing..." you kind of de-value your service, in my opinion. You might consider this, "From our standard mowing service to our all-inclusive Executive package, we've got you covered." or "Our Standard Mowing Service is excellent and our Executive Package is out of this world!" Something that shows you do standard and all-inclusive work- but shows that either is very good and worth it. never, never,never pur "just" in your ad or else your service is "just" a service. Not trying to be cute or mean, otherwise, I like the hanger. I like the colors and all. good luck!
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with all the posts above. You do however have a good looking hanger. However, DOES need something a bit different. The coordination is all off. Try this and tell me what you think...
    Instead of the "flowers, hedges, and shrubs planted, let's try this. First, hedges and shrubs are the same thing. The word "flowers" for flower planting is too simplistic. In the industry, we call it Annual Color. Now,...this should go right under "flower bed maintenance (which should just be Bed Maintenance). What I would say, is Bed maintenance/Flower Care.
    For the "hedge" thing, let's say either Shrubbery and Ornamental Planting, or Installation of Shrubbery, Ornamentals, and Trees. (Can't leave out the trees). However, this can all be packaged under a simple term of Landscape Installation.
    Also, there is a conflict in your subect/vb agreement on your shrub line. Look at all your operations...They are all ending in "ing". However, on your "shrub" gig, you have "planted".In the very leats, it should end in Srub Planting....not "shrubs planted".
    Anyway, good luck with it!
  8. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

id change sodding to sod installation and def get rid of mulced or bagged
  9. supercuts

also be careful if you advertise tree trimming if your not a licenced arborist, you can tree prune without a licence
  10. supercuts

sorry me again, id think about changing "and many more" to and much more