1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Critique my flyer please!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CRM Lawncare, Apr 29, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

This is my first shot at a flyer. Give me some ideas on ways to improve please.

2. CRM Lawncare

Sorry here it is.

Attached Files:

3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

honestly, very boring and spelling error in the first line "you instead of your"
  4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i think it's pretty good. at least you haven't overloaded the viewer with a bunch of crap they aren't going to read anyway.

i would get rid of the gimmicky line at the top. it would come off more professional without it. also make the important information bigger.

-your company name, big. at the top center or middle.
    -your phone number. big, at the bottom.
    -list of services. not quite as big, preferably a short list, in the middle, with some kind of bullets.
  5. kathyu

kathyu LawnSite Senior Member
    from 05851

I like the content...but I'd put your company logo on top...your "catch phrase" (with corrected spelling) in the middle with your contact info under it and the services you provide at the bottom....if this is a flyer to post somewhere....a simple graphic or some color to catch the eye (somewhere in the middle) would be good. How about making the catch phrase red or blue?
  6. CRM Lawncare

I caught the spelling error just after I posted and corrected. Thanks for the honest opinions.

7. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

My first thought is...

Is that your company Logo?

People will start to associate the look of the name with your company, and if that is not your official logo, I'd put that there, or work on one.

Not bad though, simple and to the point.

I'd make the services offered list larger, and more of a bulleted format

And maybe add something to catch their eye, maybe some sort of graphic, or background, or spruce up your logo.
    Even if it is in black and white, you need something to prevent people from throwing this away before reading it
  8. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

I agree you need something for the customer to know it’s a lawn care flyer before they read the context; even if it’s just a boarder of grass blades, but nothing to cartoonish. You might consider condensing it to a half page ad 2 for 1 on copies.
  9. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

Boring, Boring, and even more Boring. No color or anything else that peaks my interest (i.e. picture and/or photo). Grammaticaly errors. That is mistake numero uno if you are trying to portray yourself as a professional in the industry.

On a positive note, again in my opinion, you have all of the information there short sweat and too the point, which I think is one of the harder parts of flyer design. Keep working at it. Then when you think your done, leave it alone for a day or so. Then come back to it and find other mistakes you will look right over.
  10. tedk

tedk LawnSite Member