Critique my flyer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wright Lawn, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Wright Lawn

Wright Lawn LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

2. DaveWB

DaveWB LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE WI

No pictures? No color? Seems pretty bland to me unless your going in for bulk to save money and deliver more.

3. Wright Lawn

Male, from Rock Hill, SC

Yeah, I didn't think of adding pics or color to the flyer. Working on a color trifold brochure to personally hand to perspective commercial clients.

4. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

It's got all the information but why should I as a prospective client call you? If you had a sign up offer / bonus that would help. You should post this in the business management forum to get more responses.

5. Mayor of Mow Town

Mayor of Mow Town LawnSite Member

Hi James

There's lots you can do to improve your flyer.

I think you need to work on both the words and the design, as they both work together to help get results. It doesn't have to be fancy, but you can certainly do some things to make your flyer more attractive and effective.

I've attached some comments (directly on the flyer so it's easier to understand).

Attached Files:

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

looks like complete garbage.

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

I think the flyer does look a little bland. but good information. I don't think it would stop someone from calling, i just think some color or something that stands out to grab attention may help much more.

8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget about the 3 second rule: If I'm a home owner and I get this by the mail, I have 3 seconds to decide if I want to keep it or throw it in the trash. For me I would put it in the trash, no offense, but you do not have anything to catch my eyes.

Also never put your business at very top (unless you are a huge corporation that everyone knows) In your case, put it at the bottom with the general contact info, and put something catchy on top.

9. Wright Lawn

Male, from Rock Hill, SC

Thanks, appreciate the constructive criticism.

10. Wright Lawn

Male, from Rock Hill, SC

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that.