Critique my POLICY

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slcareco, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

Hey can you guys tell me whats good, bad, wrong, missing, etc about my policies thanks!

Service(s) Policy

A. For everyone’s safety, please use caution when approaching while Joe blows employees are using equipment. It is especially important to keep children and pets inside the house while lawn care equipment is being used.
    B. If Joe blows arrives at the property to provide service, but cannot gain access to the property (due to a locked gate, sprinklers on, or fertilization/pesticide application for example), the customer will be charged a regular fee even though we were unable to service the inaccessible portion of the yard. If we have to come out and service the remaining portion of the yard, additional fee may be charged. To prevent any of these problems please make all gated areas accessible and unlocked. If you will be using a lock make it a numeric lock giving us obtainable access to your yard by indicating the numerical code here: _______________.
    C. In the event of inclement weather, Joe blows may elect to skip a scheduled service. Your visit will be scheduled for the next available day. It is understood that depending on the length, and severity of any inclement weather, that it may take Joe blows varying amounts of time to fulfill the work covered under this service agreement. The client is aware that weather conditions in the area may change rapidly and without notice. Changes in weather conditions are considered to be an act of Mother Nature and Joe blows assumes no liability as such.
    D. Either party may terminate this agreement at any time with a 15 day advance written notice. Cancellation date will be 15 days after such notice is received. In the event of cancellation, the client will be responsible for all costs of services rendered up to the cancellation date. A final invoice will be sent to the client 15 days after notification for balance due.
    E. Your regular service day is selected for service based on the days that we are currently servicing your area. Requests to temporarily change this day for parties, events, etc or the request for additional services to be rendered outside of your scheduled maintenance day will require an additional fee. This fee is based on the amount of travel time to your property. Please give Joe blows a minimum of 48 hours advanced notice.
    F. All services will be preformed accordingly as outlined in this agreement.
    G. Any additional service(s) desired that is not included or specified in this agreement requires written approval by both parties.
    H. Joe blows is not held responsible for any damages to your landscape due to natural disasters including, but not limited to, hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms, flooding, drought, freezes, or damage caused by any other contractor.
    I. If for the first time we show up to cut your lawn and it is excessively over grown, the client will be charged hourly for the first time. After the first cut the agreed upon weekly price will than take effect.
    J. On the scheduled day of Lawn Maintenance, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the lawn is free of toys, hoses, portable sprinklers, lawn lighting, erect defected sprinkler heads, and any other objects that interfere with the maintenance of the lawn. Joe blows will not be responsible for damage caused to or by such items left on the lawn. Joe blows also reserves the right to repudiate service if the lawn is not cleared prior to arrival.
    K. If a pet is kept at the property, the lawn must be free of pet droppings when Joe blows is scheduled to service your yard. Failure to do so will result in a possible $25 equipment cleanup fee. Joe blows reserves the right to mow around the pet droppings if conditions permit.
    L. No additional services will be performed at the time of your regular lawn maintenance day. If you would like additional services rendered, please contact us to schedule a time. Any additional work required or ordered by the Client outside the scope of this agreement shall be set forth in a signed change order, and the agreed price shall become due and payable as agreed upon between the Contractor and the Client. The Contractor is unauthorized to perform any additional work or to enter into any agreement to perform additional work unless agreed to in writing by the Client and Joe blows.
    M. If you use a lawn fertilization service, please schedule it at least two days before Joe blows arrives on the property for your lawn maintenance.
    N. In the event the Client adds additional turf area, trees, plantings, walks, driveways, or paths that are suitable for edging or other maintenance, Joe blows shall not be responsible for the care or maintenance of such additional improvements without a written change order approved by both parties.
    O. Joe blows retains complete authorization to skip a week of lawn maintenance based on our determination of the need to cut or not.
    P. Joe blows is not responsible for fallen debris or leaves that accumulate on the property after Joe blows has completed the cleanup service. If another cleanup is needed please call to schedule.
    Q. Cleanups and bed maintenance does not include the removal of dead shrubs and trees, chemical spills, debris from other contractors, weeds, or any storm damage from the acts of Mother Nature such as fallen trees.
    R. Joe blows is not responsible for debris in hard to reach locations such as under decks, gutters, behind sheds, garages, under vehicles, or boats that doesn’t allow us access.

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

looks ok...

but a customer might be offended by "Joe Blows":rolleyes:

3. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

for starts it is to long.my .2

4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

That would turn my customers off, in fact they wouldnt be my customers if i handed that to them..its just too long! Around here contracts for lawn care just dont fly,i have alittle something drawn up that i call an agreement and my customers seem to like it much better. I did try a contract like this at first and after 2-3 days i trashed it. Maybe where you are from it may fly though,good luck with it!

5. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

No mow doggy poo?

Starting a new thread....

6. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping LawnSite Member

A little to long for me to needs to be shortened just a little. They also might be offended by the joe blows.

7. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Your cutting a lawn, not building a house. Way to detailed, I think it would turn off most customers.

8. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

Your on your way to a commercial document. Residential doesn't want this. They want to give someone a check while they are on-site.
    Also I think most homeowners won't read it all, and as soon as you try to enforce it, you will lose a customer.

9. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

you a lawyer or a lawnman? just cut the dang grass lol

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

You want a service agreement not a contract. . I won't get into all the issues (I have about 15) but I will make 2 comments

1) This reads hostile

2) Joe blows will not be responsible for damage caused to or by such items left on the lawn.

This doesen't fly, "You" are responsible for any damage you cause Period, this is what insurance is for