Critique my website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Big C, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

OK guys here is your chance to blast my homeade website to bits.....give your honest feedback please!!...It's all in the name of progress!:laugh:

www.clarkunlimited.com

2. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you asked for Critique, so here goes, just read your opening paragraph:
    "We would like to take this time to welcome you to our site. We hope that this experience will provide valuable information about our company' s mission as well as well as priceless information about the various lawn & property services that we provide."

I didn't even get past this opening paragraph before I shut it down and simply couldn't read anymore improper grammar.

3. Big C

Give me some examples of what was wrong

4. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you read it over again?

as well as well, company' s, there's no space after an apostrophe, and IMO its kinda wordy, try reading it fast like most customers will.

5. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

1. Photos on the 'Services' page are way too large in file size. Make sure to optimize for faster downloads.

2. No info in the footer. It is a good idea to place your contact info in your footer, as well as a sub nav menu.

3. Your site contains no SEO practices.

Way too long of a sentence. Revise.

5. Your logo is located on the 'About Us' page. Most visitors won't go past the index so make sure to grab their attention from there.

6. Too many empty spaces.

7. Stone out of place on the drive in one of your pictures :)

6. Big C

I am accepting positive comments also:laugh::laugh:

7. Big C

Fixed it thanks

8. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

original

Edited to be more concise...

Although it could be worded a little better to tell them what pain of thioers you are going to relieve.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009