Critique my website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by M&SLawnCare, Dec 14, 2012.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I guess if you have him at a 15s load time and I have the same site at 1.95s, it's understandable.

How have you liked SerpIQ? When I demo'd it, I wasn't very impressed due to data inconsistencies (backlinks) between their software and where they actually source much of their data.

2. JesseN

JesseN LawnSite Member

It definitely has it's bugs but it gives good aggregate data over-time.
    Hrefs is what I use for analyzing links

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

This is the data I was referring to. SerpIQ uses ahrefs. The inconsistencies for, presumably, the same data set was amusing.

4. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for the delay, been very busy with Christmas right around the corner. I've made a number of changes that should solve some of the concerns listed here. I removed the phone number and service area out of the header entirely and relocated it in the side bar to most of the pages. I'm still up in the air on this. I did like it in the footer in theory but haven't been able to get a format to work that I was happy about. The side bar is growing on me though. I also changed a lot of the page titles, and image captions and alt tags.

I've noticed long load times as well now and then. I'm using the shared server option from dreamhost currently. I might upgrade to VPS if this continues. I'm keeping an eye on it. Thanks for the help guys and for the nice words. I'm pretty happy with the direction of the site thus far.

5. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

6. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

wow that's a great resource, headz, thanks!

i will be implementing their suggestions on all my sites.

7. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

No prob. It helped me finally figure out how to properly size and compress my images. If you have gimp you can easily follow any recommendations they have for your images.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JesseN

JesseN LawnSite Member

Yeah, there is inconsistency across the board.
    Are you aware of any good tools for link analysis?

9. acculawnsystems

acculawnsystems LawnSite Member

Add a link to give instant online quotes on your site. Check it out at acculawnsystems.com