Critique my Welcome Letter for my latest accts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BROWNS LAWN CARE, Aug 24, 2012.

1. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

How about...

XXXX recently retired and entrusted me to provide your the same or better quality service you are accustom to receiving. I look forward to meeting and reviewing your service needs.
    XXXX provided detailed instructions for your property however, I would like to personally review them with you.

3. BROWNS LAWN CARE

i like some of that, sounds more professional than mine.

let me try to work that in and i will re-post.

4. BROWNS LAWN CARE

a little update...

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxx,

My name is Danny Brown with Brown's Sales and Service and, as you know, I acquired my friend Don Gummelt's mowing business when he retired.

Don provided detailed instructions for your property and personally showed me the property before I started mowing. In those instructions, he also provided frequency of mowing and I have followed his scheduling recommendations. I would like to review with you the frequency, price and billing. Here are the details for your property:

Xxxx yyyyy, xxxxx, TX - $xx every 7days, billed monthly.

I realize the process of switching service providers can be a bumpy ride sometimes and I want to thank you once again for giving me the opportunity to earn your business and your loyalty. If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding our service, please call or email me right away at 214-xxx-xxxx or brownssalesservices @ gmail . com. I want to make sure you are thrilled with the service you are receiving!

For payment purposes please make checks payable to:

Brown's Sales and Service

You are being billed via USPS mail, but I also offer email billing, if you so desire. Just provide me an email address and you can receive your monthly bill attached in an email instead of physically mailed with the post office.

Please remember that, in addition to basic lawn mowing, we provide hedge trimming, fertilization, and FALL CLEAN-UP services as well. Fall is coming quickly and with it a bunch of leaves so call me anytime. I would love to give you a price for taking care of all your FALL CLEAN-UP or hedge trimming projects.

Also, I have included several business cards. Please do not hesitate to hand them out to family and/or friends in your neighborhood if you like my work. I really appreciate any and all referral business.

Thank you,

5. Duekster

from DFW, TX

why tell them it is going to be bumpy?

6. BROWNS LAWN CARE

7. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Why bring it up?

8. BROWNS LAWN CARE

i see your point.

i think i will remove that portion of the sentence so it reads like this...

9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I'd take that HS 80 hedge trimmer off your wish list, to heavy as a primary hedge trimmer. Just a thought LOL

10. BROWNS LAWN CARE

i've read a lot of good things about the HS 80...

what do you recommend ?