1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Crooked Stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ssouth, May 11, 2001.

1. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone else try striping in irregular patterns. I enjoy changing my pattern often.

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Real nice, Ssouth, real nice.
  3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried to stripe today with just gator magnums..No luck at all.just tire stripes.Salesman at the local chopper dealer says St.Augestein grass cant be striped.Tuff luck for me.
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I have striped my front yard in a circle more than a few times.

lots of beer helps to come up with these ideas!

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

now i believe i can handle the croked stripes.
    especially the changing patterns. change mine bout every other stripe
  6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

yea those look great done the drive if it goes small to big. very nice dark strips they look great.
    i have tried the cicrle cut it looks good from far back if you get the half moon look.
  7. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good and to answer the question yes, we have before. It kinda came about by accident though hehe. I had a new guy on the ztr and he just followed the pattern of the curb and kept going back and forth. Well by the time i asked why he did it that way when i just spent 20 minutes talking to him how nice it looks straight and neat, i got to lookin and man it looke pretty good. IT changes the usual monotenous look of the forever straight stripes . So now at this complex we maintain we do it all the time and it looks very good..
  8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a property that I used to do straight or on a angle, but one day I was tired and started to just follow the way the curve in the road was and been doing that way ever since, the owner thinks it looks good too, I have a digital camera so I will try to remember to get a shot of it when I finish it.
  9. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I once did the circle stripes on a 2.5 acre field that had a slight slope and it looked good from a distance but as stated before it looked like a half moon up close. I have also found that by cutting straight and then cutting in a half circle will give excellent results and a very nice looking pattern.
  10. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Personally, I think the curved stripes look LIKE CRAP. I wouldn't do it to my properties. Russ