1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cross Reference JD Oil Filter

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bob, Jul 22, 2001.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I need a cross reference # for a John Deere oil filter # AM107423.
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

What filter manufacturer do you want to cross reference to????
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Fram, Puralator, AC Delco. Any fliter that I can buy will do. I should have also mentioned that its for a 10HP Kawasaki engine.
  4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

STP S4967, Fram PH4967 fits my John Deere's with 14hp Kawasaki, 17hp Kawasaki, and a push mower 6hp Kawasaki. I don't know what a 10hp Kawasaki looks like, but it may be same.

Same filter as some Toyota Corolla cars.

Good idea- why pay $8.00 to John Deere for a filter that FRAM probably makes for JD anyway. Just make sure you have the correct cross reference- just because it threads on doesn't mean it is the right filter. It needs to have the correct drainback properties. NAPA is a good source for cross-references.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

6. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Buy anything but a "FRAM". Use Wix, NAPA Gold, Purolator, K&N,. Fram makes the worst filter on the market.
    I hate to knock a mfg. and I used to use Fram for everything I have (truck, jeep, lawn equip., etc.). But found out how they are made and stopped.
    You can visit Purolator's web site and use their cross-reference to find their filter.
  7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

JD part # AM107423 cross references to a WIX # 51394
  8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

purolater 4476 or 4477 the difference is the length. They are for a
    4 cylinder Toyota
  9. plow kid

plow kid Banned

for the 20 hp kaw's they take a fram ph3614 or a filter for a dodge dakota with the 3.9
  10. jacobmw

jacobmw LawnSite Member

The cross referenced filter # is WIX 51394 . Simply go to wixfilters.com for all your filter needs.