Cross-source for Air and Oil Filters

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Jim@MilkyWay, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Jim@MilkyWay

Jim@MilkyWay LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys just go to your local dealer, or dept. store and buy stock filters? I want to switch to foam air filters where ever possible (thanks Rob; dern can of worms you opened up, you know).
    The local dealer probably won't be able to help me as the only thing most will have is "the part number" item in inventory. I have not axed Dr Google about this as I always get off on other fascinating tangents, thereby _not_ accomplishing what I started off to do.
    Same with the oil filters, when it comes to efficiency.
    In the article Rob linked to, or in the on-line oil bible, one or the other, they gave tables and tables of mfr.'s filters and their numerical scores. I did not see a drastic difference in the numbers, but I may as well get the ones they ranked high.
    I don't want to reinvent the wheel if possible, but I do want to find a supplier who carries the special items.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Well Jimbo, Since you enjoyed the link on oil so much guess I'll go ahead and knock that can of worms over. :hammerhead:

Here's a link on oil filters; http://www.synlube.com/prod06.htm Scan to the center of the page where it says "Want to know MORE ?"

Happy Reading..... :waving:

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Wheres the can of worms thread?? I guess I missed it?

4. Jim@MilkyWay

Super Duper, Man!!
    WWAAYYY Kooeeell!!
    Glanced at site briefly, but my eyes are crossing, as it's late, I'm toast, but the link ain't goin' nowhere. I'll check it out tomorrow if I get a chance. Also, I got's a few questions for you guys along these lines but I'm turnin' in for the night.
    Later.

5. Jim@MilkyWay

The particular post below was the proverbial tip...
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=157728
    It was the sum total of all the other "oil favorites" threads that prompted the comment.