Crosscheck: how much per gallon?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MrC, Jun 16, 2007.

1. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I'm so confused on how much Crosscheck to add per gallon of water to treat the lawn, shrubs/flower bed, and to provide a perimeter around my house. The instructions were confusing and had a whole bunch of different percentages.

Lawn and shrubs/flower bed- I have moth like bugs and other tiny bugs flying out.

Perimeter- To prevent insects from enter the house.

Can I use the same amount? How much per gallon?

Thanks!!!

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a label on your bottle? If not go to lesco.com and print one, you should always have a label. The high rate for crosscheck/Talstar is 1oz/1000m2 this will go after flea and tick and and tough to control hardshells.
    for most other insects it's usually around 1/4oz to a half oz.

3. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Thanks for responding. I have a label and read it several times but I'm not sure if it's geared towards homeowners using a two gallon sprayer.
    Are you saying 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz per gallon when dealing with the lawn, shrubs/flowerbeds, and perimeter?

4. PSUTURFGEEK

Yes, just think of a gallon of water and 1000square feet being the same this will help you to understand the label.

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Most of the time, we mix one ounce per 20 gallons of water for outdoor pest control (mosquitos, flea, ticks, ants, gnats, etc) This is a very low use rate, but we get the results. Ant mounds = drench them. Along foundations = spray heavy. Hope this helps.

6. PSUTURFGEEK

There's nothing wrong with going at that low of a rate especially as a preventitive treatment, the higher rates are usually for contact kill and very active infestations.
    As far as crosscheck, the label is not at all designed for a homeowner, FMC makes this product and Talstar mainly for the use of trained turfgrass pro's.