1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Crossing Pipe Pond

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Construct'O, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Land owner needed crossing ,but also wanted (pond)water.With pipe!

One machine did the job from start to finish.Cleared trees,removed old rusted out pipe,moved dirt,replaced with new 24" dual wall pipe(60 ft.) fill was about 12 ft. to top of crossing(pond) in the center of the crossing,tappering out to about 3 ft. on the ends.

Not quite 200 ft. long.From toe of pipe,back slope to bottom of front slope fill was about 80ft. wide(again at the very center.)

Had to deal with small area,mud, and saving of trees ! except the ones that need removed for the fill and pond area.I graded for the pipe.Since this was down on the bottom and no place to need extra dirt it was used only in the crossing..... wasted dirt.

Made a nice two lane crossing just in case the deer hunters need to pass !!!!!!!!

For you none believers you don't have to have????? it can be done with just one machine:usflag:

Crossing  Pond 002.jpg

Crossing  Pond 001.jpg

Crossing  Pond 005.jpg

Crossing  Pond 004.jpg

2. MOREDIRT

MOREDIRT LawnSite Member

what is the point? did you do something special? are you wanting a cookie?

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

with what machine

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Constructo.......nice...I also see someone wants your address to send you some cookies :) Most generous of you MD.

5. MOREDIRT

MOREDIRT LawnSite Member

wow you dug a pond :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
    excavation 101 :hammerhead:

6. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

First off if you have a problem with the above maybe you need to have it checked by your doctor.:dancing:

Second if you don't understand the point ,or something constructive to say!!!!!!! don't waste time posting!!!!

And last i perfer Snicker candybars.Have a good day:walking:

7. MOREDIRT

MOREDIRT LawnSite Member

We could all post endless pics of jobs we did what is so special about this one?

8. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

MD....if that is a serious question.......here's a recap. On another post, there was discussion as to the best combo to use to dig a tank/pond and different strategy's and methods for getting it done. We were all giving this young kid who was thinking of doing the job ( his first job of any size I believe) all sorts of ways to skin that cat. Constructo just did this project and posted it, showing what could be done with just one machine........That's it in a nutshell. Hope that wasn't too much diarrhea of the fingertips.......

9. MOREDIRT

MOREDIRT LawnSite Member

well i am at loss for words :hammerhead: I did not read previous post like all the other hundred people who read this so lawnsite is not your own personal chat forum this goes out to the world so elaborate a little so us dummies can understand.

10. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Another thread or not, he was showing different ways to tackle a project. It doesn't matter if it had been discussed earlier. Everyone on here can learn something.

Why the fuss? You sound like somebody took a leak in your Cheerios?